SeaMonkey är en lite gammaldags tanke med att programpaket som skall innehålla det du behöver men trots åldern – SeaMonkey underhålls fortfarande.
Du har en webbläsare, e-post och en editor i ett och samma programpaket – som är helt gratis.
The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite (see below). Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.
Under the hood, SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla source code which powers such successful siblings as Firefox and Thunderbird. Legal backing is provided by the Mozilla Foundation.
What’s New in SeaMonkey
- Contains (among other changes) the major changes relative to SeaMonkey 2.49.3:
- Uses the same backend as Firefox and contains the relevant Firefox 52.9.0 ESR security fixes.
- Shares most parts of the mail and news code with Thunderbird.
- Among the general platform and mail fixes this release contains backported fixes from Thunderbird for the EFAIL security vulnerability.
- SeaMonkey now uses gtk3 on Linux. If you experience a problem because of this please file a bug and link it to Switch Linux builds to GTK3 with SeaMonkey 2.49. Please try another OS theme first. Some of them are buggy and cause problems with SeaMonkey, Thunderbird and Firefox.
Requirements for SeaMonkey
- OS X 10.9 or later