Waterfox bygger på samma kod som Mozillas Firefox med den skillnaden att i Waterfox ingår enbart 64-bitars kods.
Waterfox, based on the Mozilla platform but created exclusively for 64-bit systems, has one goal in mind: speed. The only thing you may need to consider is that your plug-ins must be 64-bit, also.
- Built with Clang-cl on Windows
- No Adobe DRM
- No Pocket
- No data collection
- Run every 64-bit plugin
- Run every add-on (even unsigned ones!)
- Windows XP 64-bit support
Note: While the software is classified as free, it is actually donationware. Please consider making a donation to help support development.
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory Patches:
- Remove Google Play Services from Android (will now be able to add to F-Droid!)
- Stylo is now built, but disabled by default.
- Rust components are now built with optimisations.
- Updated various media codecs.
- Tested a new way to keep Waterfox components up to date with the release branch of Firefox (includes security and performance upgrades for the components):
- svg.context-properties.content.enabled is now true by default.
- Fingerprint option now disguises Waterfox as Firefox 60.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.5 or later